This is a quick video introduction to how WordPress and is geared toward the technical user who wants to increase their basic understanding of how WordPress operates and how they could use WordPress.
The first video describes the basic layout of a WordPress site.
The second video gets a little more involved for the use of widgets.
I hope you found this useful and see how you could use WordPress to make and manage your website.
Sample sites setup with WordPress:
- This webpage
Let us know if we can help you in any way with your WordPress install and setup:
- Looks pretty good: http://www.oiopublisher.com/
- Good article: http://lorelle.wordpress.com/2007/02/25/monetizing-wordpress-plugins/
- Older article on advertising and more: http://wphacks.com/wordpress-plugins/
Try for WordPress: http://www.bin-co.com/tools/wordpress/plugins/quizzin/
SMTP works on ports 25, 587, 465(ssl)
Remote Desktop port (Terminal Services) 3389
Site Pal for Talking Websites:
Bubble guru video on website:
Video Tutorial for Webpages:
Sending Form Results in HTML email: http://www.tectite.com/vbforums/showthread.php?t=104
Steps for a More Successful Web Presence:
- Turn on Google Analytics in Word Press
- See that site conforms
- Find out what words people search for that should put the site on the list.
- Add Meta tags to web pages accordingly
- Is there any friendly sites to create mutual links
- Submit sites to google.com yahoo.com, msn.com, live search.com, etc.
- Buy google adwords
- Use Google Adsense for posting ads on current site – does it make sense?
Things to Research to Determine Best Approach:
- What is available via current word press setup. List these here with defs.
- Which sites should be submitted to. see above list and add to it.
- Setup search words for site
- Read up and record information about SEO
Companies Doing SEO:
- High end company doing SEO: http://www.nettsolutions.com/
Search Term Site With Several Links:
Google Search Word Stuff:
- Google SEO http://www.google.com/technology/index.html
- Biggest Daily changes in searched for words http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends
- This is nice but only shows changes for the day and only the top 100…so unless the topic stays in the the top 100 then you can’t really tell any kind of trend.
- Keyword tool search engine https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
- This is probably the best gauge of what people are searching for and who is paying for associated keywords.
- FREE E-BOOK: http://www.chrisg.com/killer-flagship-content-free-ebook-to-download/
Sites for More Linking:
- Search available blogs by keywords and comment ability http://www.commenthut.com/
- Press Releases www.prleap.com
Submit to Search Engines:
Transfer From Yahoo:
Google SEO Training: